AYA is the first queer online speed dating event that aims to bring together people from the queer community. It is a well-organized process where you get to meet up with new people, chat and check if there’s any chemistry between you two or not. Queer speed dating is a formalized matchmaking process designed to bring together people for the purposes of developing human relationships with the aim of forming longer-term romantic or sexual relationships. It organizes single people in an orderly manner, giving them very short periods of time to get to know each other. The organizers have designed it in such a way that everyone can get an equal chance of meeting someone they like.
Get your Tickets here: Speed Dating
How it works
- Attendees will be paired up and face each other. An online event has a host who will guide you through the proceedings and let you know when it’s time to switch.
- Instead of sitting across from each participant, you’ll be given a few minutes in a private chat room with each of them, with a break to take notes or to collect your thoughts in between.
- Because of the short time frame, you won’t be trapped with somebody you don’t get along with. However, you have plenty of time to figure it out.
Who can attend?
Events marked for Queer women: Lesbians, Bisexual women, Trans men, Pansexual Women are eligible
Events marked for Queer Men: Gay men, Bisexual men, Trans women
Safety and Privacy Guidelines
- You are requested not to publicly broadcast any private information, Yours or anyone else’s. Private information may include your address, bank account information, etc.
- You shall not engage, or encourage others to engage, in any targeted abuse or harassment against any other person. This includes sending any unsolicited sexual content to other participants.
- Promotion of business or professional accounts on the stream are strictly prohibited. You are requested to not indulge in such activities.
- Do not disturb the decorum of the Zoom call. Anyone who creates unnecessary chaos will be blocked out immediately by our moderators.
- Participants will not be allowed to screen share their device on the zoom meeting screen
- Mute your microphone if you aren’t talking. Participants are requested to situate themselves in a quiet place with as low background sound as possible.
- You are expected to keep the camera ON during the entire event.